Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Week 2- 1st letter

Hey!

So I literally just dropped off an eight page written letter at Chenney's with all the goods! Hopefully it'll help me not rush during this email time and enjoy reading about all the stories! I won't have much to say on this email because almost everything will be on that other letter.

Thanks for the pizza gifts! Another elder got one from his family, but it was only one. I think I'm going to spread them apart and use one for next week and the other for another week.

I talked a little about this in the letter, but I loved conference! I actually took notes the whole time haha. We had the two Saturday sessions on Saturday and then we did Priesthood and the two Sunday sessions on Sunday. Six hours of sitting on a hard chair watching conference is A LOT, but it was definitely worth it. By far my favorite was Elder Holland's talk. When he started to get really serious after asking Peter, "Do you love me?" ... that part right there got to me.

I went to the temple today and it was great as usual. The confusing parts are starting to make more sense. Almost all of the workers there speak VERY little english and so when you're talking to them, half the time you have no idea what they're saying haha.

I'll do my best to send you some pictures. I was told the best way to do that is to get them developed for super cheap and then send them through MissionTies. But today they didn't have any picture paper left so I'll try to do it next week. If it doesn't work, I'll try to find an internet cafe.

About two nights ago, one elder started throwing up really bad late at night and so we thought something was starting to go around, but it ended up just being him, so it was probably some food poisoning. Still a little scary.

My companion is from Oregon. I'll try to get an email from him some other time.

Other than what I've talked about and the stuff that's in the letter, nothing too exciting has happened. Oh... I love all the spiritual stuff, but I definitely get a lot of that here so I'd love to hear about more stories and how everyone is doing is that's okay! I'm still hangin in there and language is coming... maybe a little slower than I would like, but it's definitely coming! :)

Love you guys so much!!! Stay sweet ;)